Chettinad Special | Beetroot Vadai | பீட்ரூட் வடை | Seethai Aachi's Kitchen
By Pakka Admin - May 26,2017
The Beetroot has a sweet taste and is earthy and tender to eat. Beets are highly nutrious and healthy. This red color vegetable is linked up with lot of health benefits like better stamina, improved blood flow and lower blood pressure. It is a great dish for kids. Kids don’t love beetroot a lot, so it is a good way to sneak it into their diet. Even beetroot tikki, Beetroot Halwa, Beetroot coconut stir fry, Beetroot paratha are good ideas to make them have this veggie.
Beetroot – 2
Chana dal – 1/2 cup ( kadalai paruppu )
Toor dal – 1/2 cup ( thuvaram paruppu )
Rice – 2 tbsp
Chilli pdr – 1/2 tsp
Pepper pdr – 1/2 tsp
Cumin pdr – 1/2 tsp
Fennel pdr – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric pdr – pinch
Hing / asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
mint leaves – 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
Ginger chopped – 1 tsp
Onion chopped – 1 cup
1. Soak the dal for 60 minutes.
2. Then grind together with red chillies to a coarse paste.
3. Add the beetroot, green chilli, turmeric powder, saunf, curry leaves and salt.
4. Mix well to a thick batter.
5. Make small balls and flatten them to a vadai shape.
6. Heat oil in frying pan.
7. Add the prepared vadais and fry them in batches until medium golden brown.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.