Chettinad Special | Chicken Gravy| கோழி குழம்பு| Seethai Aachi's Kitchen
By Pakka Admin - Jun 24,2017
Chettinad Special | Chicken gravy| கோழிகுழம்பு| Seethai Aachi's Kitchen
Mix chicken with the marination ingredients and set aside for 30 mins. Now take this in pressure cooker, add 1 cup of water and mix well. Cover and pressure cook for 2 whistle, lower the flame and cook for 10 mins. Now turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself.
Chicken Masala in Red Spicy Gravy Recipe is the simple but very tasty version of Indian Chicken Recipes. There are some recipes which always remain our favorites and we can never be tired of cooking them over and over again. One such favorite recipe, that I cook often and is enjoyed by my family and friends is this Chicken Masala in Red and Spicy Gravy. This homemade chicken dish is not a very fancy one, but a simple, straightforward and a quick version of Indian chicken curry recipes.
There are endless variations to the chicken curry, such as Chicken Leg Curry, Red Chicken Curry, Yellow Chicken Curry, Chicken Coconut Curry and many more, and today’s chicken recipe is prepared with the same basic ingredients as any normal chicken in gravy. The only major ingredient is homemade Red and Spicy Gravy, which brings a tremendous color and flavor to the dish. The spice level of the curry is high due to the use of spicy flavors.
Chicken – 150 gms(15 small pieces)
Big Onion – 1/4 cup finely chopped
Tomato – 1 medium roughly chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – just to garnish
Water – 3/4 cup
Salt – to taste
Chicken Gravy Cooking Method:
1. Mix chicken with the marination ingredients and set aside for 30 mins. Now take this in pressure cooker, add 1 cup of water and mix well. Cover and pressure cook for 2 whistle, lower the flame and cook for 10 mins. Now turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself.
2. Now heat oil in a kadai, add in fennel, cumin and cinnamon.
3. Add in onions, salt and saute till lightly golden.
4. Add in capsicum and tomatoes and cook covered till mushy.
5. Now add in the spice powders and mix well.
6. Add in ketchup, soy sauce and green chilli sauce and mix well.
7. Add in the cooked chicken with any liquid and mix well.
8. Now simmer this for 10 to 15 mins.
9. Add in coriander leaves and mix well.