Gajar Halwa (Carrot Halwa) | Desserts | Ventuno Home Cooking
By Pakka Admin - Jul 20,2019
Gajar Halwa (Carrot Halwa) Recipe
Ingrdients: Carrot/Gajar - 1/2 kg grated
Milk - 500 ml
Saffron in Milk (Optional)
Sugar - 1 cup (200 ml) as per taste
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Few Cashew nuts
Ghee - 4 tbsp
Method: 1. In a wide/deep pan add 500 ml of Milk
2. Add the 1/2 kg of grated Carrot. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes on medium flame, till the Carrot is completely cooked & Milk is evaporated.
Note: Keep stirring at intervals so that it does not stick at the bottom
3. Once the milk has evaporated, add the Saffron in Milk (Optional), 1 cup (200 ml) of Sugar according to your taste, 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder, few Cashew nuts
(You can also add Almonds & pistachios as you choose) & mix it well.
5. Add 4 tbsp of Ghee & mix well.
6. Keep stirring till the Sugar caramelizes and the Ghee separates.
7. Turn off the stove. Your Gajar Halwa (Carrot Halwa) is ready, you can serve hot/warm.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com